Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Masculine Birthday


I have to say I love this card! It's so simple too!! It's hard for me to make cards for men....I have way to many 'girly' or 'swirly' stamp sets, ha. That's why I purchased Stampin' Up!'s "Lovely as a Tree" set, it's perfect for masculine cards and sympathy cards too.
I stamped the tree image (it's one stamp) onto Whisper White Cardstock using Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad. I then took sponges with left over ink (Old Olive and Night of Navy) and proceeded to "rub" the cardstock. I just added more ink by dipping the sponge onto the ink pad, to get a shading effect. I stamped "happy birthday" from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set in Old Olive, and punched it out with the Small Oval punch. I sponged Basic Black on the sentiment and main image. I cut out the photo corners, and added brads. "happy birthday" is popped-up using Stampin' Dimentionals.
To order products used to make this card visit www.stampinup.com or contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment